Sunday, August 21, 2011
INSIDE KIM KARDASHIAN’S LAVISH WEDDING
• Bride wore Vera Wang gown with full tulle skirt, basque waist and Chantilly lace appliqué
• Bridesmaids wore ivory gowns described as 'very Pippa'
• Celebrities among the 440 guests included Ryan Seacrest, Eva Longoria, Lindsay Lohan, Mel B and Avril Lavigne
• Tribute to Kim's late father Robert Kardashian in order of service
• Kourtney Kardashian has a near-stumble on the aisle while walking with her ring bearer son Mason
• Soul singer Robin Thicke sang for the newlyweds' first dance
• Wolfgang Puck's wedding breakfast included buffalo mozzarella and tomato salad, roast chicken and summer truffles, followed by a black and white chocolate and vanilla wedding cake
The world just got their first look inside Kim Kardashian‘s wedding, and judging by the E! footage, it was as over-the-top gorgeous as you pictured it to be.
With diamonds dripping from her tiara and a flowing white dress, Kim was stunning in her Vera Wang gown and smiled like the happiest bride in the world as she and Kris Humphries stood at the altar awaiting their nuptials. The aisle even had steps — a brave move for a high-heeled bride, but Kim made it all the way down with no issues thanks to stepdad Bruce Jenner on her arm
Kim’s nephew Mason was the adorable ring-bearer, and he won the crowd over after he dropped the pillow as he made his way down the aisle — but quickly recovered and completed his task.
After Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries said “I do,” the happy couple and their guests moved the festivities to another tent on the private Montecito, Calif., estate to party the night away — but not before a quick wardrobe change for the bride and groom. According to E! News, Kim swapped her Vera Wang wedding dress for an ivory mermaid gown with hand-pieced Chantilly lace on the bodice.
Once inside, the couple were introduced as “Mr. and Mrs. Humphries” by Robin Thicke where they shared their first dance to Thicke’s “Angels.”
Her stepfather Bruce Jenner gave a quick (and heartfelt) speech, toasting to the newlyweds: “Tonight is really about family— joining two families.” The best man and all the bridesmaids (including Khloe, Kourtney, Kylie, Kendall) also gave speeches.
During the festivities, guests were served an array of elegant foods, from buffalo mozzarella and heirloom tomato salad with basil and “tomato chips” to agnolotti with sweet corn mascarpone and summer truffles, roast chicken with Yukon Gold potato puree, caramelized brussels sprouts and summer truffles.
So who was lucky enough to score an invite? Celebrity guests included Demi Lovato, Babyface, Vera Wang, Mario Lopez, Mark Ballas, Ciaro and Carmelo Anthony, Eva Longoria, and Eduardo Cruz, Alan Thicke, Maria Menounos, Sugar Ray Leonard, Kathy Lee Gifford, Brit Gastineau, Greta Van Sustren, Jillian Barberie, Brody Jenner and Avril Lavigne, Scottie and Larsa Pippen, and Dina, Ali and Lindsay Lohan.
After dinner and more dancing, Kim and Kris cut their multi-tiered chocolate-and-vanilla swirl cake studded with chocolate chips.
Posted by Bola Akinboade